From our exclusive perfumes to our VIP Rewards and gift-wrapping service, there’s a lot more to The Perfume Shop than you may think. Discover 30 things you may not have known about us …
– The Perfume Shop was founded in 1992, so we turned 30 in 2022!
– Our first stores opened in Birmingham, Belfast, and Milton Keynes.
– The Managing Director is Gill Smith, and her favourite fragrance is Armani Si.
– Each year, staff are selected to complete The Fragrance Foundation UK Online Training Programme, which is designed to expand their knowledge on all things perfume. As of 2023, we have around 430 experts within the business.
– In 2022 alone, we had 94 new launches!
– We care about our planet, and 100% of the energy we use is from renewable sources, plus we use 100% recyclable packaging for our online deliveries.
– We offer a gift-wrapping service both in-store and online, you can even add a beautiful personalised ribbon!
– Our quickest delivery option online is Click & Collect Express, which allows customers to collect their purchases within as little as 30 minutes.
– We are proud of the work we do with our charity partners – last year, we hit a scent-sational milestone of raising £1 Million for Alzheimer’s Research UK since beginning our partnership with them in 2014.
– We don’t just sell perfume. Yep, if you’re looking for body lotion, shower gel, scented candles, or even chocolates and a teddy bear, you’ve come to the right place!
– We have a TikTok page where you can watch perfume reviews from our store teams, office antics, self-care routines, and much more!
– We released our first own-brand perfume range in 2019 – The Perfume Edit.
– As of 2023, we have officially been credited as a Real Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation.
– We are part of A.S. Watson Group, the world’s largest international health and beauty retailer.
– We have 215 stores across the UK and Republic of Ireland.
– The Perfume Shop’s head office is in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
– We sell over 130 brands.
– We have fragrance counters in Superdrug stores in the UK.
– We offer an engraving service, where you can opt to put a personalised message on your perfume bottle.
– We have perfumes that date back to 1919. Cool, right?
– You can become a VIP and benefit from a number of rewards, including birthday treats and 10% off your favourite brand!
– We have an app, and it’s the best way to make sure you never miss out on our app-exclusive offers, and it means you can always access a digital version of your Rewards Card.
– We sell an array of refillable perfumes – one bottle you can keep forever, filled with your favourite fragrance.
– We run a Bottle Recycling Service where you can recycle your empty perfume bottles in-store. For every bottle returned, we will plant a tree and you will get 15% off your next purchase with us!
– In 2022 we planted 337,786 trees for every bottle that was recycled with us. Now that is a lot of trees!
– We have won the Fragrance Foundation award for the online retailer of the year five years in a row!
– We have over 5.1 million VIP members registered with us – that is more people than the entire population of Barbados!
– We have a captivating blog with over 200 posts that span a range of different topics from fragrance guides to help you find that perfect scent, or even top 10s to help you narrow the search down, it’s full of must-read articles for the fragrance lovers or the casual perfume purchaser!
– In 2017 we introduced Vera Van, our first ever travelling store, now we can drive anywhere in the country and attend events such as Christmas fairs, wedding shows and festivals!!
– Our favourite colours are red and black – obviously!
Georgie is our content creator and curator here at The Perfume Shop. She joined us at our Scentquarters in High Wycombe in 2022 and became a certified fragrance expert in 2023. Outside of the perfume world, Georgie loves reading, creative writing, and exploring new places. Her favourite fragrance? She’s spoilt for choice, but if she had to pick, it would be Alien Goddess by Mugler.
Thomas is the resident certified fragrance expert at our Leeds Trinity store and has been working with us since 2021. When he’s not in-store, you’ll probably find him searching in the local music shops for new vinyl records by his favourite artists. He has a true passion for perfume, with over 500 bottles in his collection to show for it. His number one fragrance? It has to be Scandal Pour Homme by Jean Paul Gaultier.
Discover New & Amazing Scents
Shop Online At The Perfume Shop