Central Office Jobs
Come and work with us... Employment Opportunities at The Perfume Shop. We have a number of different roles in our team:
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join our small but growing team based in High Wycombe. This role is working with prestige branded products, with regular new launches and offers the right person a great opportunity to develop within a successful and expanding organisation.
The Perfume Shop is known for its dynamic and progressive nature within the Health & Beauty Industry. Trading since 1992, the Company's acquisition in 2005 by the worlds largest Health & Beauty Retailer, the A.S. Watson Group, has increased our prominence in the Beauty Industry in the Retail sector.
We are recruiting for individuals with proven experience at Buyer or Junior Buyer level within a Retail environment and are looking for people who are passionate about working within Retail, dedicated to driving sales and above all, excited about their future within The Perfume Shop.
The purpose of this role is to establish strong relationships with our suppliers in order to ensure that we deliver the right products and offers to our customers.
Key duties include:
- Managing the day to day relationship with our direct suppliers
- Negotiating and agreeing a marketing plan that is competitive, profitable and meets our customer’s needs>Maximizing opportunities on new launches, GWP, sets, limited editions, basic stock and POS material where appropriateMaximizing the sales of your houses in line with the business needsSeeking products that give The Perfume Shop a point of difference, using trade fairs, the internet and leads to remain one step ahead of the competition and seize opportunities firstWorking with the Buying Team to trade products and prices to drive sales, being innovative and creativeMaintaining good national and regional awareness of who our customers are and what appeals to themMaintaining a good knowledge of changes in the industry and possible implications to The Perfume ShopManagement and development of the Buyers Assistant as a direct report
The above list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Proven commercial experience at Buyer or Junior Buyer level
- Experience of having worked closely with a Merchandising team is essential
- Experience of having worked within a Branded Buying role would be ideal
- Highly competent in Excel and other MS office functions
- Previous Line Management experience would be of an advantage
- Existing knowledge of industry, customer and competitors in our market is a distinct advantage
This role would ideally suit an individual with a trading mentality that is both innovative and creative self starter. You will have a personable approach together with being highly articulate in all aspects of communications, with the ability to liaise at all levels within the business. You will also posses excellent negotiation, organisation and planning skills
This role offers an attractive package for the right person, including a competitive salary, pension contributions, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and a fantastic staff discount scheme.
To apply for this position please forward a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com clearly stating the vacancy title in the subject heading.
Drag and drop products you like into this area.